Saturday, March 20, 2010

Quick Post

We have yet to find a good internet connection for our iTouch or a good internet cafe. So just a quick note. We walked from SJPP to Valcarlos yesterday. It was a good walk and put us in the mood. The albegue in Valcarlos was great, clean and all the comforts of home, almost. Today we walked to Roncevalles and thought we would die. Almost all up hill. We have been keeping good notes so as soon as we can we´ll post and upload pictures.

We are now in Zubiri and we are staying in a privite albegue which is quite nice with free internet. I am going to try and upload some pictures from our trip but I am having problems with the machine. Yesterday after we checked into the pilgrims office we got our beds, cleaned our clothes and went to the pigrims mass which was quite beutiful. We went to dinner at the Posada Sabina and had a nice pilgrims meal. Today we got up at 6 am and proceeded to get ready. We left around 0715 and we had a nice day today which started with rain and except for a short "detour" and some time lost due to Palma losing her glasses (which we found with the help of Saint Anthony) we feel good after walking about 16 miles. I have a pretty good journal on my itouch but I need an wifi hot spot to email it to myself so I can post. So far though this has been a great experience.

4 comments:

  1. It will be sporadic. Some alburgues have internet, some do not. In the larger cities it's a good idea to check the public library, where you can often find free internet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some coffee shops had Internet connections in the big cities and there were some internet cafes. Accessing the Internet in the alburgues often required sitting in wait for extended periods of time. It is great to post but don't let it be a driving force. Take each day as it comes. .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, what Ruth said, and besides, it's actually quite nice to divorce yourself from modern technology for a while, and just meditate on the beauty and friendship of the Camino...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Zubiri - that's were I had to sleep on the floor last year. Glad to hear things are going well, and you are in good spirits. I never found a way to upload my photos until I got my laptop after I was finished, but maybe with the iTouch it will be possible. Anyway, just enjoy the Camino experience, and don't let the blogging interfere!
    Buen Camino
    Eva

    ReplyDelete