Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I've been retired now for a little more than 2 weeks and training for the Camino is not going as we had planned. 2 significant snowfalls have put practice hikes out of the question, so we've been going to the gym just about everyday. I can't wait for the snow to disappear so we can get some good practice hikes in. We'll be departing the D.C. area on 10 March - 3 weeks from today! We have all of our gear and right now my pack weighs about 18 lbs. That's a little more than what veteran pilgrims recommend, but I feel like I'm really only bringing necessities. I've been working on my Spanish with the Rosetta Stone and I can say that progress is really slow. Thank goodness Cullen speaks the lingo!

There was a posting on the Camino Forum today which offered some advice to a first time pilgrim:

"put your faith in God, and keep your feet dry".

Simple and practical, just what I like.

Palma

No comments:

Post a Comment