Friday, February 26, 2010

Finally! A decent Training Hike

We were able to hike 8 miles yesterday. We started at the Teddy Roosevelt Island and walked to Reagan National Airport, then made a U-turn back. There were a couple of snowy patches, and one section of the path led us through a gaggle of geese which was like an obstacle course of goose turds! I took my ipod shuffle along and listened to "Coffee Break Spanish" podcasts to assist in improving my Spanish language skills. I'm finding that the podcasts combined with the Rosetta Stone lessons are an effective way for me to learn (www.coffeebreakspanish.com).

By the time evening arrived I had a lot of aches. So, I did quite a bit of stretching and I woke up feeling a lot better than I did when I went to bed. We were going to walk another 8 miles today, but we have 50 mile an hour winds, so maybe not.

Another post-worthy quote from a veteran pilgrim on the Camino Forum:

"So keep up the good work with your preparations, but despite of it (in my experience on both my Camino's), the Camino will give you what you need, and not necessarily what you want or expect... And hopefully, you'll love every minute of it! "



1 comment:

  1. Dodging goose turds will be good training for dodging cow patties in Galicia! You are doing well, just make sure you keep those packs as light as possible!
    Buen Camino!
    Eva

    ReplyDelete