Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Miserable hike

It is suppoed to snow tonight, so Palma and I thought we'd try and get a hike in today. We normally hike the Fairfax County 's Cross County Trail. This trail is more than 40 miles in length, from the Potomac River in Great Falls Park in the north to the Occoquan River in Occoquan Regional Park in the south. We thought enough snow would have melted that we could walk it. NOPE! There is till anywhere from four to 10 inches of snow on the trail. We walked a little over a mile, turned around and walked back for a total of 2.17 miles. I felt exhausted. Palma did a bit better than me with only a few aches. One good thing we learned though.....our boots stayed dry!

After we got home I decided to drive down to the Potomac to see what condition the trail on the George Washington Parkway was in. To my surprise it looked clear so that is where we'll train tomorrow even if it snows.







No comments:

Post a Comment